Sandy Cheevie

Legend

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,424 posts
  • Team:Celtic & West Bromwich Albion

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:15 AM

Deloitte Money League Table 2015-16 season - the top 10

Teams (positions last season) Revenue in €m (£m in brackets) 2015-16 Revenue 2014-15

1 (3) Manchester United 689 (515.3) 519.5 (395.2)

2 (2) Barcelona 620.2 (463.8) 560.8 (426.6)

3 (1) Real Madrid 620.1 (463.8) 577 (439)

4 (5) Bayern Munich 592 (442.7) 474 (360.6)

5 (6) Manchester City 524.9 (392.6) 463.5 (352.6)

6 (4) Paris St-Germain 520.9 (389.6) 480.8 (365.8)

7 (7) Arsenal 468.5 (350.4) 435.5 (331.3)

8 (8) Chelsea 447.4 (334.6) 420 (319.5)

9 (9) Liverpool 403.8 (302) 391.8 (298.1)

10 (10) Juventus 341.1 (255.1) 323.9 (246.4)

Premier League clubs make up half of the top ten

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/38655480

Edited by Sandy Cheevie, 20 January 2017 - 08:16 AM.

http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/DB-Transformation-Colour.gif

#2 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,298 posts
  • Team:liverpoool

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

They also have the largest debt of any club on the planet (even bigger than Nigeria?)

#3 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Youngster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Team:Southampton

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:31 PM

Yeah, but nothing to ultimately worry about, they are an economic hotbed, with shirt sale globally aswell as every other form of merchandise available. Stick the United badge on it, the price goes up 10-fold.

Within the rivalry culture between Liverpool and Man Utd I understand the resentment, however, you are both Corporations. Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City live within the same vein, commercial jugganauts and sure fire members of the Fifa World League once it is implemented. So no need to mention the debt situation when you are all in the position that administration is as likely as Cambridge United winning the FA Cup.

Food for thought.

#4 Bazza`

Bazza`

aka Gaylord Fotescue, aka Dreamcrusher, aka Notorious

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,311 posts
  • Team:Man United!

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

The debt has been talked about so much, willies lies about it are pointless really. The debt is minuscule compared to revenue and club value. It must be depressing for a lot of people who for over a decade now have claimed our debt would send us into ruin and instead they find out we've moved back to being the richest club in the world while completely leaving their clubs in the dust. Even this time last year there where people claiming United couldn't compete financially any more (dreamers) :lol

Fans get overly concerned with the business aspect of clubs they don't support. It's a bit weird, money rules the world leave the business to the businessmen in their fancy suits and swanky haircuts, give me the football!

Edited by Bazza`, 13 February 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#5 Leeroy

Leeroy

Ladyboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,447 posts
  • Team:Manchester United

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

In debt yet still the richest.

scholes111_zpsfdc4de1a.png
Magnificent, Absoluteffukingfaggotwhohasnthadagoodlayfor8years, Jenkins, Weekend, Filth, Depraved, Perv, Slut, PartyHard!

I suck cock

#6 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Youngster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:50 AM

Willy seems a very bitter Liverpool fan who doesn't think before he types/speaks. You're a Corporation that keeps buying talent from Southampton, I can't say my team because Willy has decided Im not a football fan, must be true. As we are assuming you must be a knukkle dragging football hooligan, because only beings like that have referred to me as a bean counter before.

#7 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,298 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

UEFA reported last year that United's debt is equal to its annual revenue (the highest in the world of football) & equates to 80% of its assets. Manageable at the moment but continued absence from the Champions League, whose revenue is included in all of United's forecasts & planning, could well tip the current model over. e.g. Leeds United. The debt is there & increases every year with very little attempt at reducing it leaving the club at risk should income streams dry up.

Most Premier League Clubs such as Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, etc. do not include revenues from possible European competitions in their financial planning & as a rule attempt to reduce the club's debt & exposure via sustainable expenditure & repayment schedules. 

#8 Bazza`

Bazza`

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,311 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

I guess it must be fun to constantly make up nonsense about things you know nothing about? :lol

You've been saying that same spiel for the past 12 years willy, luckily for you United obviously didn't crumble, which is good because what would you have been able to obsess over if we had?

Edited by Bazza`, 16 February 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#9 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Youngster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

Well mentioned Bazza, however wont get into a numerical debate because I don't count beans, only facts.

#10 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,298 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

I guess it must be fun to constantly make up nonsense about things you know nothing about? :lol

You've been saying that same spiel for the past 12 years willy, luckily for you United obviously didn't crumble, which is good because what would you have been able to obsess over if we had?

The figures come from the UEFA report completed by KPMG which reported that the debt had risen by 25% to £464 million & was included in all the newspapers at the time even The Daily "Manc" Mirror on 12/1/17.

#11 Bazza`

Bazza`

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,311 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:05 PM

:zzz Our debt isn't kept secret. I look forward to hearing about our doom from you Liverpool fans in another 12 years, you'll still be dreaming of it.

Edited by Bazza`, 16 February 2017 - 10:14 PM.

#12 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Youngster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:12 AM

Another Man United/Liverpool thread, shall I stay away from this one too. No wonder no one visits football forums anymore, even if you want to make a comment regarding what the thread is about your club gets brought up in a negative way. What a ffuking waste of time.

#13 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,298 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:17 AM

Another Man United/Liverpool thread, shall I stay away from this one too. No wonder no one visits football forums anymore, even if you want to make a comment regarding what the thread is about your club gets brought up in a negative way. What a ffuking waste of time.

So how big is Southampton's debt?

United's turnover is massive & expanding exponentially so they can manage the debt & even allow it to increase if necessary. At present it is "only" 80% of assets (Liverpool's debt was last reported as being less than 66% of assets) which is manageable & within FIFA & UEFA limits but contrast that to QPR 230% off assets & Fenabache & several of the Moscow clubs have even worse ratios & should, in the normal cours of business, be wound up.

United's financial achievement must be acknowledged & it is down to the young Glazier kids who speculated (& borrowed) big time to secure the club, just ask yourself woud they be in this position if Michael Knighton or The Red Knights consortium had bought the club?

#14 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Youngster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

The thread is not about Southampton Willy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users