#1 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Team:Dom. Southampton, Int. Argentina

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:44 PM

Just wanted to post to say hello. I'm looking forward immensely to having some fun and thought provoking football communication with all of you within these here forums.

I have followed football religiously since 1992 when I was six years of age. I support Southampton, through the good, the bad and the indifferent. In which I have attended the Dell and St Mary's on many an occasion, not to mention the away games I have attended over the years.

I also follow Peterborough United as my local team, as going to see the Saints can be immensely expensive. Also it's never a chore as I am furthest remove from one dimensional as there can be.

I adore football from around the globe, and try to learn and keep up with as many aspects as possible. Hence why I'm looking forward to chatting with all of you.

Regards The Truth Bestower

#2 Leeroy

Leeroy

Ladyboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,000 posts
  • Team:Manchester United

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:16 AM

Welcome aboard. Happy with Southampton's current position?

scholes111_zpsfdc4de1a.png
Magnificent, Absoluteffukingfaggotwhohasnthadagoodlayfor8years, Jenkins, Weekend, Filth, Depraved, Perv, Slut, PartyHard!

I suck cock

#3 Hand of GOD!

Hand of GOD!

Is in denial about his Brazilian heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Team:Club Atletico Union of Sunchales City

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:26 PM

Hi welcome! hope you can stay!

:beer  15s7e42.jpg :beer

Not every one is going to be a victory, but always will encourage proud

#4 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:45 PM

I'm happy currently being 7 points off the drop zone, with the opportunity to pick up points. However, dissapointed with last two results in which I was hoping for a healthy 4 points from 6. I feel losing Fonte, the injury of Van Dijk, League Cup, Europa adventures and some novice managerial mistakes by Puel are taking their toll on us.

Hopefully onwards and upwards.

#5 When In Rome

When In Rome

Youth Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Team:Millwall

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:27 PM

I support Southampton

Then sympathy is in order.

Fantasy Football: The League Of Gentlemen is open now for new players -  entry code 154026-53784

#6 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:42 AM

Check who you support before you cast dispersions. LOL. I admire the fact you have a sense of humour.

#7 When In Rome

When In Rome

Youth Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:45 AM

Check who you support before you cast dispersions.

I just did.

Case rested LMAO

Fantasy Football: The League Of Gentlemen is open now for new players -  entry code 154026-53784

#8 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:57 PM

I'm not going to go into intricate detail, but you're in the right country for narrow minded football discussion. After all the Sun is one of our football publications. Enough said really.

#9 When In Rome

When In Rome

Youth Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

I'm not going to go into intricate detail, but you're in the right country for narrow minded football discussion. After all the Sun is one of our football publications. 

Really? I thought you said you were in the UK. And the currant bun is a football publication is it? Ah right...

#10 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:34 AM

My error, hold my hands up on that one, denote some tension with the ahh right. I only personally read the tabloids for a laugh. With the "UK thing", I am from the UK, however have supported Argentina internationally since 1998. Hence where the other comment come from, I like multi-dimension one dimensional when it comes to football is so 'from what i hear' 1970's.

#11 When In Rome

When In Rome

Youth Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:07 AM

My error, hold my hands up on that one, denote some tension with the ahh right. I only personally read the tabloids for a laugh. With the "UK thing", I am from the UK, however have supported Argentina internationally since 1998. Hence where the other comment come from, I like multi-dimension one dimensional when it comes to football is so 'from what i hear' 1970's.

No tension, just a bit like "what's he really saying" - Argentina is interesting, are there family connections? Myself I have never taken any interest in England nationally, I'll watch their games but I'm not caught up in the belief and hype like many, if that makes sense.

#12 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:52 AM

No family ties, it's just I thought to myself what would make football even more thought provoking than it already is. Thats when in 1998 I felt I would follow football globally and try to encaptulate every oriface of the game possible.

Argentina happened to be the country where my favourite player of all time Diego Maradona came from, my all time personal fave 'waiting for the chuckles' Martin Demichelis. Not to mention the likes of Crespo, Heinze, Pochettino, Mascherano, Mercado, Batistuta, Marcos Rojo, Pratto (heard of him lol). Of course Lionel Messi, however I am putting him on the pedestool on which the likes of Maradonna currently frequete.

However I feel me and thee have a lot of football intellect between us, it's a pleasure. At least we are communicating between ourselves lol.

#13 Leeroy

Leeroy

Ladyboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,000 posts
  • Team:Manchester United

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

Of all the great Argentine players over the years, Demichelis and Marcos Rojo? Or is that tongue in cheek?

One the greatest Argentines is Martin Palermo. The goal scoring machine in Championship Manager 00/01.

scholes111_zpsfdc4de1a.png
Magnificent, Absoluteffukingfaggotwhohasnthadagoodlayfor8years, Jenkins, Weekend, Filth, Depraved, Perv, Slut, PartyHard!

I suck cock

#14 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

Palermo for Boca Junioes/Argentina internationally exquisite. The reason I named Demichelis (other than being a personal favourite of mine, whom I followed his career), is he is multi-faceted and people are very 1 dimensional based upon last season for Man City in the Prem. They forget his runs with Bayern Munich, first stint with Malaga, 1st 2 seasons with City and the 51 caps for Argentina. Including the solid performances at World Cups 10,14.

Marcos Rojo on the other hand has accumilated 57 caps for Argentina and is yet to reach 30 years of age, that is impressive in itself. Slander this as you will, if anyone replies that is. This, however is the truth bestowed by the truth bestower.

#15 Bazza`

Bazza`

aka Gaylord Fotescue, aka Dreamcrusher, aka Notorious

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,481 posts
  • Team:Man United!

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:46 PM

I'm upset that nobody has mentioned Riquelme.

#16 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:17 AM

If i'm wrong please correct me, but he was the strike partner of Palermo for years at Boca, if it is who I am thinking of truly lengendary. What makes the partnership even better, they truly hated each other.

#17 Hand of GOD!

Hand of GOD!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:11 AM

I'm upset that nobody has mentioned Riquelme.

It happens to a lot of people over here  :lol

Sorry I missed this conversation 

Roman was (is) an extint kind of player, actually there is no football system which hold his position or role, "enganche" or hooker. The techique of a player like Pirlo and a true leader, but a difficult person to deal with. 

3 Copas libertadores in Boca Juniors and two intercontinental, played in that Boca that defeated galacticos of Real Madrid and AC Milan

Ey let me ask...What is your personal thought of the son of a... I mean, Higuain. 

#18 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:20 AM

Higuain.... you can't doubt his limitless talent margins, even though many are bitter regarding his multi-millions move between Napoli to Juventus. We may be looking at different and current World Champions, if the goal vs Germany hadn't been dissalowed.

#19 Hand of GOD!

Hand of GOD!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:26 PM

Higuain.... you can't doubt his limitless talent margins, even though many are bitter regarding his multi-millions move between Napoli to Juventus. We may be looking at different and current World Champions, if the goal vs Germany hadn't been dissalowed.

Excellent

(And in both finals of Copa America he had missed chances at well) 

#20 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:43 AM

Yes, i am very aware of that fact, but who did put away chances in said finals.

I don't know if you support Napoli or have an affinity for them due to the beyond legendary Diego Maradonna, but players move for astronomical fees to better their domestic situations these days, they should not therefore be slighted for it at international level. Fine example Raheem Sterling for England, public enemy number 1 at the last Euros and that would have still been the case if he happened to perform well at that tournement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users