#1 When In Rome

When In Rome

Reserves Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Team:Millwall

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:53 PM

To save our forum from these idiots, can't there be a way of banning their IP's seeing as they're usually all the same - twat@gmail.com etc - a forum I was on years back suffered all these 'new members' for a while until they got wise to just blocking the ip of their country. If admin here are happy just to continually clean up their crap then fine but I'm sure they'd rather be spam-free and like me others maybe are fed up with them?

If you've got nothing on and fancy a laugh, just stand in front of the mirror.

#2 When In Rome

When In Rome

Reserves Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:56 PM

See this one - oteqeza - email http://loan-fast-payday.mobi/ ... obvious, no?

How are these ever validated is what I'd like to know.

#3 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Team:Dom. Southampton, Int. Argentina

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:18 AM

Well put mate I do believe the last member, real member to this forum was me or yourself.

#4 Mark

Mark

Mangina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,844 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:02 AM

There are quite a few blanket ip bans already in place, maybe they could do with a little update, but it is impossible to stop all spam.

#5 When In Rome

When In Rome

Reserves Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

There are quite a few blanket ip bans already in place, maybe they could do with a little update, but it is impossible to stop all spam.

Yeah don't get me wrong, it's hard to eradicate it all, just feels like we're under attack sometimes, thanks for addressing this and hope things can improve.

#6 Leeroy

Leeroy

Ladyboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,188 posts
  • Team:Manchester United

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

It has been brought up before. But all the admin with the power seem to have gone AWOL.

scholes111_zpsfdc4de1a.png
Magnificent, Absoluteffukingfaggotwhohasnthadagoodlayfor8years, Jenkins, Weekend, Filth, Depraved, Perv, Slut, PartyHard!

I suck cock

#7 When In Rome

When In Rome

Reserves Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

So maybe the whole place needs a shake up, got the potential for a great little forum this, ought to be a lot more used than it is.

#8 Leeroy

Leeroy

Ladyboy

• 29,188 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:08 PM

Yeah. It has been dying a slow death for a few years. We've tried all sorts, from new owners, new mods, getting old members back, but nothing seems to work. If yourself and Truth hadnt of showed up it would have been even quiter, if not dead. Its usually quiet during the summer months but even during the football season its dead now.

Welcome any suggestions if you have any for us to pick up again. Im all out of ideas.

Magnificent, Absoluteffukingfaggotwhohasnthadagoodlayfor8years, Jenkins, Weekend, Filth, Depraved, Perv, Slut, PartyHard!

I suck cock

#9 When In Rome

When In Rome

Reserves Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:00 AM

Agree, this place deserves better, will put my thinking cap on, also will plug it through media and connections to drive some new blood. When I did arrive here I chose it over a few others that were too large and toxic. FISO is a prime example, too many mods and you get treated like it's a school. Anyway on the positive side there's still a core membership and it's hardly an abandoned ship and I like it and the people here! 

#10 Barside

Barside

Only a mod because Leeroy said so

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Team:Colchester United

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

People on here have known each other for so long that they have just ran out of things to talk about.

Need an influx of new members really.

lua.png 447506913a6112690050ml.jpg

Martin O'Neill regarding the Old Firm rivalry

Asked if he was minded to extend his habit of hopping excitedly around the dugout at a venue where the ambience may be just a shade more hostile than usual, O'Neill replied: "I've had games since I came to Celtic where I've had dog's abuse and I've had my moments before that. Managing Wycombe and facing the Colchester Mob - that's a fair rivalry. When the Colchester Mob take over the stand you know all about it."

This revelation was greeted with speechlessness amongst his listeners. Never before has the Celtic-Rangers schism been compared to a vendetta between Buckinghamshire and Essex.

#11 When In Rome

When In Rome

Reserves Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

People on here have known each other for so long that they have just ran out of things to talk about.

How long has FFUK been going? 

#12 Leeroy

Leeroy

Ladyboy

• 29,188 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

2001. I've been here since 05. Barsides a noob.

I suck cock

#13 When In Rome

When In Rome

Reserves Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:58 AM

2001. I've been here since 05. Barsides a noob.

That is a long time and an achievement in it still going. The way we communicate now is prevalent in things like Facebook and Twitter; forums are second-best and it's hard work to keep anything going as interest dwindles and the knock-on effect is people are less likely to join and in particular if they're already using another board.

I prefer forums and don't use the aforementioned social media at all. So I would be passionate about keeping this afloat. The drive has to come from within too in the way of admin who have the time and desire.

As for the layout of FFUK it's simple and one of the reasons I like it, I don't think much structural change is needed. And like I said before, there's still a loyal group which is something to be said - things might be slow but it's not 5mph!

#14 Bazza`

Bazza`

aka Gaylord Fotescue, aka Dreamcrusher, aka Notorious

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,560 posts
  • Team:Man United!

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

Ah the good old days back when the internet was still kind of new and exciting and far less uptight. Good times.

We should commit to keeping this place going till it's 100 years old, Hog's still young enough to possibly live that long so it'll just be him on his own for the last stretch but if anyone can do it Hog can! We're counting on you HoG.

#15 When In Rome

When In Rome

Reserves Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

I have to admit I never used the internet before 2006.

The first email was sent by Ray Tomlinson to himself in 1971. "The test messages were entirely forgettable. . . . Most likely the first message was QWERTYIOP or something similar," he said.

1971 :crackup Get It On by T. Rex was number one at this time then - Hand Of God won't remember that! 

#16 Cookie

Cookie

Somehow worse than Michael Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,110 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

I was 15 when I first joined almost half my age

#17 Hand of GOD!

Hand of GOD!

Is in denial about his Brazilian heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts
  • Team:Club Atletico Union of Sunchales City

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

I have to admit I never used the internet before 2006.

1971 :crackup Get It On by T. Rex was number one at this time then - Hand Of God won't remember that! 

Naturally I do not. So when FFUK started I was six?  :lol  You missed my tales from kindergarden 

:beer  15s7e42.jpg :beer

Not every one is going to be a victory, but always will encourage proud

#18 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Team:Dom. Southampton, Int. Argentina

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:14 PM

Very interesting, above comments, this is a great place to put your thoughts across and blinding on the feedback you recieve from like minded individuals.

The topics are mainly engrossing, if you dont believe they are riveting enough there is always the option of starting your own thread to garner interest that you personally believe needs to rise to the forefront.

This is now the only forum I post on, proudly, I do however post on Match of the Day's facebook page and also am an aspiring football jounalist, have had two article published wuthin Late Tackle magazine and also Peterborough United's correspondent on the 'd3d4football', website. Sorry fo self-publication, however I feel you guys have had a lot to do with my success, you can have so many constructive conversations on here and I enjoy it immensely.

Cheers guys and WIR you are right, maybe getting more people on here, and them staying is the key, lets get on it, you never know bro one day we may be mods.

All you guys, in all seriousness always a pleasure posting on here love it.

#19 When In Rome

When In Rome

Reserves Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

Thanks Truth Bestower.

Okay so I just logged in and we've been spammed to ffuk it seems as BitCoin has bumped old posts everywhere with his crap.

Bit of work for admin to do - hope they've got a decent Dyson (other brands are available).

#20 When In Rome

When In Rome

Reserves Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:51 AM

This BuyBitcoin is here now, currently viewing his spamming work. Looking at the other spammers that are online, then I see that if someone isn't here in the admin capacity to reject these (easily identifiable by email addresses, usernames and ip's), then we are going to go under in a wave of the stuff.

We need someone who has the time and knowledge of admin and CSS to be here more to resolve this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users