Swansea City v Huddersfield Town
Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth
5.30pm Watford v Arsenal

Sunday, 15 October, 2017

1.30pm Brighton v Everton
4.00pm Southampton v Newcastle United

Monday, 16, October, 2017

8.00pm Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion

Liverpool to attack and United to play on the counter. That soft defence should open right up. Liverpool havent beat United in the last 6 in the league and both games last season ended up as draws. 2-1 United.

Hopefully Palace can get their season started against Chelsea. I have massive fiver on them winning. The rest of the games look a bit dull.

Edited by Leeroy, 12 October 2017 - 01:35 PM.

scholes111_zpsfdc4de1a.png
Magnificent, Absoluteffukingfaggotwhohasnthadagoodlayfor8years, Jenkins, Weekend, Filth, Depraved, Perv, Slut, PartyHard!

I suck cock

#2 Hand of GOD!

Hand of GOD!

Is in denial about his Brazilian heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts
  • Team:Club Atletico Union of Sunchales City

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

Looks like a draw to me again, by the sides will be some good battles and the winners may decide the result of this thing

:beer  15s7e42.jpg :beer

Not every one is going to be a victory, but always will encourage proud

#3 georgiadawg

georgiadawg

Hilary! Hilary! Hilary!

• Oscar winners
  • 3,246 posts
  • Team:The glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

It really sucks that Mane is going to be out,,,, basically forever at this point.

Can't see us performing up to standards now.  We should only win 6-3 

medium_fat+cyclist.jpg

#4 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
  • Team:liverpoool

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

Unfortunately we have Mane out, a dodgy goalkeeper, a defence that makes schoolboy errors every week, a midfield that cannot deliver & forwards who need a Sat Nav to direct them to the goal. So I couldn't feel any more confident?

Expect another master class of defensive anti football from Jose with United trying everything to stop a game of football breaking out. The same tactics he used so successfully with Chelsea. Mind you United playing a team from the top half of the table just how unusual is that?

Anyway the hate will be pumped up a notch or two & the atmosphere will be mega & it might even inspire our wayward & lacklustre players into great efforts. Make them play out of their skins & put United to the sword & play them off the park. I predict we will batter them 0-0 

Going to miss the game because my idiot niece (& god daughter) is getting married in York at 3pm Saturday. All the men have been banned from pre nuptial refreshments & TV so that we can participate in the service & "enjoy" the evening reception. This is almost as bad as when my sister tried to get married on Cup Final Saturday in 1974?

#5 Bazza`

Bazza`

aka Gaylord Fotescue, aka Dreamcrusher, aka Notorious

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,560 posts
  • Team:Man United!

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

I like how Liverool fans are already using the absence of Mane as an excuse, good thing United don't have anybody out injured or it'd look silly...

This is Liverpool's cup final so I expect them to be better than they usually are, although even a massive improvement from Liverpool shouldn't be enough. This is a game we really should be winning quite comfortably on paper as their defence shouldn't be able to cope with our attack and - as we've seen how they struggle to break teams down - their attack shouldn't really cause our defence too many problems.

Head says 2-0 United but being the game it is who knows what will happen. Let's just hope both teams are less tense than they where in last seasons bore draw.

Oh and willy, everybody plays everybody twice - that's how the league works.

Edited by Bazza`, 12 October 2017 - 04:55 PM.

#6 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

I like how Liverool fans are already using the absence of Mane as an excuse, good thing United don't have anybody out injured or it'd look silly...

Fellaini is also missing & he has been outstanding for United wo far this season & will probably be more missed than Mane. So not as clear cut as you imagine.

United have so far this season only played teams from the bottom half of the table, whereas Chelsea, City, Spurs, Arsenal & ourselves have all had games against teams that one would consider title challengers, along with teams that may well challenge for top 4 honours. So far this season United have not had to face this challenge so Saturday will be something new for them. The only match we can judge them on is their game against Everton where after a fluky "wonder" goal they got penned back & the Blueshite had enough chances to equalise before they eventually ran out of steam & allowed United to get a couple more stupid goals thus flattering the score line. 

So a big challenge for United, fail here & the whole house of cards may well come tumbling down? Defeat for Liverpool will be disappointing but just a set back on the road to greater glories.

I suspect Jose knows that United have flattered to deceive against a collection of teams one would expect to finish in the bottom half of the table. Liverpool have the players to really expose the myth that is United & Jose knows that. So I expect a cautious approach with the usual amount of "gamesmanship" one comes to expect from Jose's teams. Mind you the "Care-in-the-community "Ultra's from Salford will love it. 

#7 Leeroy

Leeroy

Ladyboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,188 posts
  • Team:Manchester United

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

Thankfully Mane isnt playing. That way at least our players are safe from any delibrate kicks to the head. That ban really should have been extended.

Magnificent, Absoluteffukingfaggotwhohasnthadagoodlayfor8years, Jenkins, Weekend, Filth, Depraved, Perv, Slut, PartyHard!

I suck cock

#8 When In Rome

When In Rome

Reserves Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Team:Millwall

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:36 AM

Always been a heavyweight bout, I've an idea that Liverpool will try as they might but they'll get picked off and United will win one or two nil. Phil Jones being fit will be a bonus.

Watford / Arsenal should be interesting, Arsenal haven't won away yet and Watford haven't managed a home win either.

Expect City and Chelsea to win comfortably and the sunny weather on Sunday won't be enough to entice us out and I'll watch both televised games.

If you've got nothing on and fancy a laugh, just stand in front of the mirror.

#9 Mark

Mark

Mangina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,844 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:18 AM

This is Liverpool's cup final so I expect them to be better than they usually are, although even a massive improvement from Liverpool shouldn't be enough. This is a game we really should be winning quite comfortably on paper as their defence shouldn't be able to cope with our attack and - as we've seen how they struggle to break teams down - their attack shouldn't really cause our defence too many problems.

Head says 2-0 United but being the game it is who knows what will happen. Let's just hope both teams are less tense than they where in last seasons bore draw.

United would of been favourites either way, but Mane was the best chance of an upset and it's only just happened, its noteworthy. Yeah, Liverpool players will treat this like a cup final, the same way any massive local derby should be treated, it's nonsense to suggest that this game means more to one side than the other, 

Honestly I have a really bad feeling about the game, there is a hint of optimism hidden somewhere deep down but the overriding feeling is dread.

#10 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

The bookies have it 7/4 for a United win the same odds for a Liverpool win? So not as clear cut as our optimistic United fans would have us believe?

Must admit the Watford v Arsenal game will be interesting & hopefully I might be able to slip away from the nuptials & enjoy it?

#11 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Team:Dom. Southampton, Int. Argentina

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:36 PM

Only be able to see the first half of Liverpool v United as much more bigger issues, Peterborough vs Gillingham is occuring at 3pm. Man United to win 2-0.

None of the games scream out plenty of goals, can see Spurs getting their first Prem Wembley win 1 nil, Kane as scorer. Arsenal for a 1-1 at Watford. Burnley 1 nil over West Ham. City 2 nil over Stoke. Swansea v Huddersfield nil nil, with MOTM Fernandez at his pragmatic best. Chelsea 2 nil at Palace.

Sunday 3-1 to the Saints, Brighton 1 nil over Everton and on Monday Leicester to win 2-1. It will probably turn out to be the highest goal-scoring weekend in the Prem now i've said all that.

#12 Bazza`

Bazza`

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

Honestly I have a really bad feeling about the game, there is a hint of optimism hidden somewhere deep down but the overriding feeling is dread.

Yeah the derby can always go either way. I'm feeling confident but I'm not going to pretend there's no nerves at all, I'd rather not have our good start to the season be ended by Liverpool.

Edited by Bazza`, 13 October 2017 - 02:12 PM.

#13 Leeroy

Leeroy

Ladyboy

• 29,188 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:23 PM

Never an enjoyable game to watch as a fan. I'm coming off a nightshift, few hours sleep and then hitting the beer. Or might just skip the sleep and go straight on the beer :D

I suck cock

#14 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:00 AM

At least it is on at the default time of Saturday lunch-time. This was the case even when Sky used to have one Super Sunday and one Monday Night Football, they would still broadcast the Liverpool v United game, good to see some old fashioned stereotypes still exist within the broadcasting criteria.

#15 Bazza`

Bazza`

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:52 PM

Well anything can happen.... including absolutely nothing :lol

Again both teams give in to the occasion, we were unusually poor on the ball. Other than the 1 real chance both teams had in the first half there was no clear cut chances all game again (there wasn't a shot on target all second half). Ah well disappointing but we remain unbeaten, only 1 win in the last 8 for Liverpool and Klopp. Fair result, shit game.

Edited by Bazza`, 14 October 2017 - 01:53 PM.

#16 Bazza`

Bazza`

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

City better calm the ffuk down :lol

#17 Leeroy

Leeroy

Ladyboy

• 29,188 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

Super Palace. Quids in.

I suck cock

#18 Mark

Mark

Mangina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,844 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

Heard it was a borefest, not to sorry to have missed it to be honest, It's bad to say this but on current form a point is a good result for Liverpool.

#19 Bazza`

Bazza`

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Watford change their manager and team every 5minutes but keep on going, up to 4th after beating Arsenal today.

#20 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:19 AM

I was right with spurs 1 nil, got the goalscorer wrong and that Swansea would keep a clean sheet. Never expected Man City's slaughter of Stoke, thought they would win, but nowhere near that comfortably. Now for the Saints to roll over the Toon, will still go 3-1 even though Pellegrino is starting permanently offside Long up top, we have enough strength in depth to fashion a win however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users