17 replies to this topic

#1 News Feeds

News Feeds

News

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

Everton sack manager Ronald Koeman after a 5-2 home defeat by Arsenal puts them into the Premier League relegation zone.

View the full article

#2 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Team:Dom. Southampton, Int. Argentina

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

Predicted this yesterday, I know many others saw this one coming too, just wish he would have stayed with Southampton.

#3 When In Rome

When In Rome

Subs Benchwarmer

• Spambot Killers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Team:Millwall

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:43 AM

Won't be Moyes, surely.

This post was filmed before a live studio audience.

#4 Bazza`

Bazza`

aka Gaylord Fotescue, aka Dreamcrusher, aka Notorious

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,648 posts
  • Team:Man United!

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

There's some big names being linked, Ancelotti would be a huge and unlikely coup especially with the recent talk of him replacing Klopp at Liverpool. Tuchel would be another very interesting appointment, the two ex-Dortmund bosses at the two Merseyside clubs. I think it's much more likely though that Unsworth will keep it until the end of the season to see what he can do - either that or they'll go for Howe or Dyche. Apparently the biggest problem was the lack of "connection" to the fans - so Unsworth or Howe seem the most likely choices, with Dyche surely a better fit for Leicester.

Giggsy wants both jobs - I miss him in football but I feel like he'd have a better chance of getting hired if he stopped publicly talking about every single opportunity that comes up.

Edited by Bazza`, 24 October 2017 - 04:11 PM.

#5 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:14 PM

Interesting thoughts Bazza, however WIR that could be a possibility.

#6 georgiadawg

georgiadawg

Hilary! Hilary! Hilary!

• Oscar winners
  • 3,264 posts
  • Team:The glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:51 PM

Koeman is a terrific manager. Everton are making a mistake.
medium_fat+cyclist.jpg

#7 When In Rome

When In Rome

Subs Benchwarmer

• Spambot Killers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:13 AM

Looks like a clown, manages like one. Most likely coming to a town near you Leicester.

#8 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

No they have the clown of all clowns, Claude Puel.

#9 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,593 posts
  • Team:liverpoool

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

There's some big names being linked, Ancelotti would be a huge and unlikely coup especially with the recent talk of him replacing Klopp at Liverpool. Tuchel would be another very interesting appointment, the two ex-Dortmund bosses at the two Merseyside clubs. I think it's much more likely though that Unsworth will keep it until the end of the season to see what he can do - either that or they'll go for Howe or Dyche. Apparently the biggest problem was the lack of "connection" to the fans - so Unsworth or Howe seem the most likely choices, with Dyche surely a better fit for Leicester.

Giggsy wants both jobs - I miss him in football but I feel like he'd have a better chance of getting hired if he stopped publicly talking about every single opportunity that comes up.

Are you on drugs?

The "Bitters" (the common name for Everton fans) would be made up for Moyes to bring back the good old days to Castle Greyskulls Goodison (The Theatre of Hatred). Days when they actually managed to compete with Liverpool & get the odd result every 5 years or so. But The Ginger Whinger was always Fergusons number 2 during their "glory days" when favours from his boss would always be forthcoming so long as the Blueshite rolled over at Old Trafford & then kicked lumps out of anyone competing against United. Success was always measured on how well Liverpool were doing & for 10 years Moyes along with Kenwright, convinced the Bitters that they couldn't compete & were inferior to the majority of Premier League teams. To bring him back would be a backward step & Moyes has categorically proven he is a shite manager on his own.

Unsworth may well be the answer to their current predicament but for the long term they need to move forward & get a decent young coach who can drag them (the club & the fans) into the 21st century & to stop living in our shadow. Ancellotti is a busted flush & is playing on his previous achievements & is only coming to the Premier League for one more last big pay day. You would have to be really stupid to employ him so I expect that West Ham will be his next stop.

I hope the Blueshite give an up & coming young coach the chance to make his name, it would be cheaper & what do they have to lose?  

#10 Bazza`

Bazza`

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,648 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:47 AM

I'm not sure what you disagree with, I never mentioned Moyes :lol

Everton's next manager isn't really about United and Liverpool.

#11 Miner 2049er

Miner 2049er

doofus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,881 posts
  • Team:Arsenal

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:45 AM

Everything is about United and Liverpool.
The resident doofus.

#12 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

Seems to be on here, but on the matter at hand, Unsworth is a great servant to the club, but not yet manager material at this level. They require someone like a Tuchel or as mentioned an Ancelotti, however the last of those two will not go to a side currently embroiled within a trap-door battle.

Tuchel seems happy where he is for now, so Moyes maybe the right fit AGAIN, different era granted and money at his disposal, in which wasnt present within his last stint. Also a youth academy throbbing with British Isles talent at his disposal in which he could utilise to a very desirable level.

As far as Koeman goes, this sadly is a turbulent partof his managerial CV, Everton after the Summer transfer window were pitted 7th in the highest gross spenders in the world at £158.2 million, above Juventus, Bayern and Monaco, scary stuff and sadly what Koeman's previous achievements will lie beneath this blanket of erratic spending.

#13 georgiadawg

georgiadawg

Hilary! Hilary! Hilary!

• Oscar winners
  • 3,264 posts
  • Team:The glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:54 PM

Everything is about United and Liverpool.

As soon as you can come to terms with that, the more content your life will be. 

But in the spirit of goodwill to the other clubs:  Are Arsenal fielding a team this year?  :p

medium_fat+cyclist.jpg

#14 Sven

Sven

Sven Sven Sven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts
  • Team:Manchester United

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

I thought Koeman deserved a bit more time but he, and his recruiting team, have suffered from a complete inability to replace Lukaku despite knowing for months that he was likely to be leaving. There's plenty for the new manager to work with, but I'd suggest a few of the signings (Klaasen) will need to move on to make space for the other creative midifielders on the pitch and the wage bill off it. 

Everton still a big club for a certain group of managers to aspire to.

#15 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,593 posts
  • Team:liverpoool

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:43 PM

Latest news is that the millionaire new owner has no money re Paradise Papers - He bought Everton with a loan from Arsenal? Now Kenwiright is saying he wants Diego Simeonie who is keen but wants to know where Everton are.

#16 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:28 AM

Realistically it has to be either Unsworth or Allardyce until the end of the season.

#17 Bazza`

Bazza`

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,648 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

So after more than 5 weeks of trying to choose they've settled for Allerdyce.

I'm sure he'll settle the ship but this has situation been handled terribly by Everton. They clearly had no plan in place when they sacked Koeman and Allerdyce doesn't exactly match the ambitions of what they've spent this summer - or the type of player Koeman brought in. Wonder how Everton fans feel about it?

Edited by Bazza`, 29 November 2017 - 04:35 PM.

#18 When In Rome

When In Rome

Subs Benchwarmer

• Spambot Killers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:42 PM

Everton sponsors make second social media gaffe by describing club as a 'hopeless place'

You have to admire their honesty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users