Newcastle United v AFC Bournemouth
Swansea City v Brighton & Hove Albion
West Ham United v Liverpool

Sunday 05 November 2017

Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace
Manchester City v Arsenal
Chelsea v Manchester United
Everton v Watford

Thought I'd give Leeroy a bit of help this week since he's carried us through this season single handedly so far :thumbsup

Sunday looking a lot better than Saturday.

#2 Mark

Mark

Mangina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,959 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

Lover that City v Arsenal isn't even worth a mention in the title. I expect United to win and get Conte sacked on Monday.

#3 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Team:Dom. Southampton, Int. Argentina

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:48 PM

Yeah, but the reason Chelsea v Man Utd is the focal point of the thread is through a somewhat biased viewpoint.

#4 Bazza`

Bazza`

aka Gaylord Fotescue, aka Dreamcrusher, aka Notorious

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,648 posts
  • Team:Man United!

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

'Tis just a joke.

Although all bias removed Chelsea v United is a bigger match than City v Arsenal :p

Edited by Bazza`, 03 November 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#5 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,593 posts
  • Team:liverpoool

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:37 AM

It's 7.30 in the am & I'm waiting for my taxi to take me the station so I can go & stay with my sister in Walthamstow & take in our game at The London Stadium. I am really looking forward to it because I don't get out much these days & the sister is having a bit of a "do" tonight. In order to finance the trip & knowing our away form (& possibly afford my sister a present?) I have placed a hefty wedge on West Ham winning at the incredible price of 19/4 (even the draw at 100/30 was worth a punt).So tally ho ale will flow!

As for the other games I expect the Arse to rise to the challenge of City in what could be a great game. Well as for the other match it is all about Jose isn't it? The players do not count & he will arrive in West London,  park the bus & escape with a 1-0 win that will have al the critics & United fans hailing him as a tactical genius whilst everyone else will be bored stiff & half the bodies in the cemetery behind the East Stand at Stamford Bridge will get up & walk out.

Spurs v Palace could be interesting. I reckon Woy has a plan?

As for Everton it appears that they have the worst caretaker since Ian Huntley? I think they will win.

Have fun amigos

#6 Mark

Mark

Mangina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,959 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:59 AM

Mane makes such a difference to our team, he really is an incredible player, he is quicker with the ball than most players are without it, I just hope he stays fit this season.

#7 When In Rome

When In Rome

Subs Benchwarmer

• Spambot Killers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Team:Millwall

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

MAN CITY v ARSENAL

• Manchester City's only win in nine games against Arsenal was a 1-0 league victory at the Etihad last season.
  • Arsenal have scored at least two goals in eight of the last 10 fixtures, with City failing to keep a clean sheet during that period.
  • Pep Guardiola's side could equal the club league record of nine consecutive victories within a single season, set in February 1947 in the second tier.
  • Arsenal have won 10 of their last 12 matches in all competitions, losing just once.

CHELSEA v MAN UNITED

• Chelsea have lost just one of their last 15 Premier League home games against Manchester United (W9, D5).
  • United's 2-0 league victory in April ended a run of 12 games without a win in all competitions.
  • The Red Devils have lost more Premier League games (17) and conceded more goals (66) against Chelsea than any other side.
  • Chelsea could lose a top-flight home match against Manchester City and Manchester United in the same season for the first time since 1978-79.
  • If Manchester United avoid defeat they will become the first club to reach 900 Premier League away points.

Courtesy BBC Football

This post was filmed before a live studio audience.

#8 Bazza`

Bazza`

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,648 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

Started out a really good open game between us and Chelsea but I'm not sure what happened to us at half time, we didn't look right from the very start of that second half.

I think we've obviously missed Pobga in this run of big games. Matic and Herrera have a lot quality but physically they were overpowered by the midfield 3 today - just as they were against Liverpool and Spurs. Made for a very disrupted performance.

Edited by Bazza`, 05 November 2017 - 06:28 PM.

#9 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:43 AM

The Man City vs Arsenal game kept me adequately entertained, however for some reason the Chelsea v Man Utd game less-so. Four different sides, with differing philosophies granted, however the first game garnered entertainment, in which the other was a pragmatists dream with a few decent chances dotted about. Super Sunday indeed.

#10 Sven

Sven

Sven Sven Sven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts
  • Team:Manchester United

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

United v Chelsea was a good game to watch but disappointing from a personal point of view. There was no creativity or link-up in the United midfield, Mkhitaryan was anonymous, and we were abysmal after conceding. The front three at the end were so isolated despite Rashford's best efforts to force the issue.

Pogba's absence really upsets the balance of the midfield in the big games.

#11 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

All of a sudden Pogba is being missed?

Well we were magnificent, we played 4 4 2  for a change so we could sit back & pick off West Ham whenever they lost the ball, which was often To be honest the score flattered West Ham who were awful & it's no wonder Bilic has been given the boot.

I had a great day overall with a cracking late night sing song on the number 9 bus from Stratford to Walthamstow High Street. 

Spurs v Palace was a disappointment. Why didn't Spurs play like that against us? Palace should have scored they had enough chances.

City v Arsenal was quite entertaining with some great football from both sides but City were just that bit better. Despite what Wenger says it was a penalty but the 3rd goal was so offside it was unbelievable.

Chelsea V United was mildly entertaining thank goodness. United had a go & were unlucky in the end & should have got something out of this game, but Chelsea always looked that bit more positive. Compared to the previous game it was definitely 2nd rate. In the end I was shouting for a United equaliser which is not like me, I blame the change in water down south.  

#12 Sven

Sven

Sven Sven Sven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:19 AM

All of a sudden Pogba is being missed?

Well we were magnificent, we played 4 4 2  for a change so we could sit back & pick off West Ham whenever they lost the ball, which was often To be honest the score flattered West Ham who were awful & it's no wonder Bilic has been given the boot.

I had a great day overall with a cracking late night sing song on the number 9 bus from Stratford to Walthamstow High Street. 

Spurs v Palace was a disappointment. Why didn't Spurs play like that against us? Palace should have scored they had enough chances.

City v Arsenal was quite entertaining with some great football from both sides but City were just that bit better. Despite what Wenger says it was a penalty but the 3rd goal was so offside it was unbelievable.

Chelsea V United was mildly entertaining thank goodness. United had a go & were unlucky in the end & should have got something out of this game, but Chelsea always looked that bit more positive. Compared to the previous game it was definitely 2nd rate. In the end I was shouting for a United equaliser which is not like me, I blame the change in water down south.  

West Ham were so dreadful making it a difficult game to watch but good win for Liverpool. Out of interest, where did you go for a drink after? interested to see where away fans end up after the game at the new stadium.

And yeah, Pogba's absence coupled with a few others has been more obvious as the weeks have gone by. 

#13 willy windows

willy windows

Willy Wonka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,593 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

West Ham were so dreadful making it a difficult game to watch but good win for Liverpool. Out of interest, where did you go for a drink after? interested to see where away fans end up after the game at the new stadium.

And yeah, Pogba's absence coupled with a few others has been more obvious as the weeks have gone by. 

My sister lives in Walthamstow, which is a number 9 bus ride away, so we stayed around there. As far as I could tell the stadium environs are pretty much devoid of hostelries for football fans however the Westfield Shopping thingy has loads of places to enjoy before the game. Unfortunately after the game most fans were channelled around it or away from it & anyway a lot of it appeared closed. 

It was only my 2nd visit to the stadium so I can't really comment, however my sister & her husband claim that there are a few places on the High Street which they told me to avoid? 

Edited by willy windows, 07 November 2017 - 10:18 AM.

#14 Sven

Sven

Sven Sven Sven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

My sister lives in Walthamstow, which is a number 9 bus ride away, so we stayed around there. As far as I could tell the stadium environs are pretty much devoid of hostelries for football fans however the Westfield Shopping thingy has loads of places to enjoy before the game. Unfortunately after the game most fans were channelled around it or away from it & anyway a lot of it appeared closed. 

It was only my 2nd visit to the stadium so I can't really comment, however my sister & her husband claim that there are a few places on the High Street which they told me to avoid? 

I've never been for football - only athletics, rugby league and rugby union. Hackney Wick has some nice spots but it's very hipstery and pretentious and there are some 'pubs' and bars in the shopping centre. However I resent being kettled in the Olympic Park after the game so I usually go the long way round. Just keen to hear about a non-Londoner's experience.

#15 When In Rome

When In Rome

Subs Benchwarmer

• Spambot Killers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:54 PM

Meh. International break... again.

#16 Miner 2049er

Miner 2049er

doofus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,881 posts
  • Team:Arsenal

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

Personally I thought the penalty was 50 50,you see them given but you also see players booked for diving in similar situations.

We didn't get the decisions on Sunday but I don't think it would have made a difference even if we had, we were clearly second best on the day.
The resident doofus.

#17 Bazza`

Bazza`

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,648 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

Meh. International break... again.

This has been my feeling with the last couple but if it's true that Pogba will be back after the break then I'm ok with it this time :lol

#18 When In Rome

When In Rome

Subs Benchwarmer

• Spambot Killers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

This has been my feeling with the last couple but if it's true that Pogba will be back after the break then I'm ok with it this time :lol

lol that reminded me I made this earlier today...

FRA_4288.jpg

#19 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

International break means many hindrances, like watching England, however look on the bright side it opens up the avenue of AFC Wimbledon vs Peterborough United on Sky Sports tomorrow, not like many of you will watch it.

#20 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:37 AM

Today, before anyone critiques.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users