22 replies to this topic

#21 Bazza`

Bazza`

aka Gaylord Fotescue, aka Dreamcrusher, aka Notorious

• Bazzas Trophy
  • 17,707 posts
  • Team:Man United!

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

In the immediate term it will be about ironing out the processes and how VAR becomes part of the game.

In the long term, I think things like smart pitches and equipment could help make decisions in real time. I honestly think that's how offside decisions will be made in the future.

And eventually A.I takes over, then the war between machine and football fans begins... those will be the dark days.

In all seriousness I'm not against technology in football (I'm not old enough to be anti-tech!) but I think anything that gets added has to be definitive, absolute and should also be instant. VAR will never be definitive or absolute and by its very nature can never be instant. Goal line technology is brilliant and I agree with you about the offside eventually something similar will be done with those and it will be brilliant. VAR is more a muddying of the waters compared to those kinds of technology.

Edited by Bazza`, 15 January 2018 - 04:48 PM.

#22 Hand of GOD!

Hand of GOD!

Is in denial about his Brazilian heritage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts
  • Team:Club Atletico Union of Sunchales City

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

I'm ok with some decisions that are objective, or no matter of interpretations...as offside or goal or not tech, if you find the way to put it on while not jamming the game is perfect. And to me that would be enough. 

Now penalties or red card plays would be stupid, why are there 4 or 5 referees on the pitch? Do they need another one with a screen to take a call? And almost always there are different ways to rate a fault. Even more hard to tell is when you can ask VAR? Who is able to impeach a call under VAR? The referee can do it before or after he decides something? 

:beer  15s7e42.jpg :beer

Not every one is going to be a victory, but always will encourage proud

#23 The Truth Bestower

The Truth Bestower

Paul the Octopus II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Team:Dom. Southampton, Int. Argentina

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:55 AM

It is an infiltration of the game that can be done without. It will make games more longitudinal/boring, unless they can find a 3 calls each side module, this would not hinder time issues to exhaustive measures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users