Sandy Cheevie

Legend

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,329 posts
  • Team:Celtic & West Bromwich Albion

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:45 AM

12 GAY PREM FOOTIE STARS OUTED

At least 12 top Premier League football stars are secretly gay.

The superstar dozen are even scared to confess their homosexuality to their team-mates.

At a forum to launch an anti-homophobia campaign, pundit and ex-England Under-21 star Paul Elliott, 44, said he knew 12 top current players who were gay.

The ex-Chelsea defender, who advises the Equality and Human Rights Comm- ission, said he would never reveal the names.

But last night the gay stars were challenged to come out of the closet to help the bid to drive homophobia out of the game.

FA chiefs have extended their Kick It Out campaign – which has helped tackle racism – to include homophobia.

The move comes after sick taunts were aimed at Sol Campbell, 34, when he played for Portsmouth against ex-club Spurs.

Human rights activist Peter Tatchell, 56, said: “Bigotry has no legitimate place in any sport.

“Homophobia is no more acceptable than racism. The FA could privately sound out several gay and bisexual Premier League players about a collective coming out.”

England goalie David James, 38, said: “Football, it seems, is one of the last professional environments where you can’t be out and proud. In every other entertainment industry we have gay stars. Why should football be different?”

But ex-manager Alan Smith said: “Being openly gay would be something difficult to live with in football.

“You can get drunk and beat up your wife and that’s quite acceptable but if someone were to say: ‘I’m gay’ it’s considered awful. It’s ridiculous.”

http://www.dailystar...ie-stars-outed/

I know it’s only the Star but it does raise a good point, why is football just about the only place in the entertainment industry where it is nigh on impossible to come out?

Are we as football fans really that homophobic, insecure or just plain stupid?

#2 Indigo Lion

Indigo Lion

Millwall FC

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,886 posts
  • Team:Millwall FC

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:33 AM

The truth is that football fans will use anything they can to taunt their oppositions team/fans no matter how cruel

For instance Leeds fans sing through Munich tributes and a few Millwall fans taunted Leeds fans with Turkish songs yesterday, the gay jibes would be the same.

Please remember to use the Affiliates when doing your shopping online - it helps us pay the big bills this place generates!

#3 Mark

Mark

International Superstar

• 16,684 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:45 AM

Misleading headline, none have been outed.

#4 Gaylord Fortescue III

Gaylord Fortescue III

Dreamcrusher

• Root Admin
  • 14,541 posts
  • Team:Man United!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Indigo Lion @ Oct 19 2008, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The truth is that football fans will use anything they can to taunt their oppositions team/fans no matter how cruel

True. I had wrote out a big paragraph along the similar lines but I thought instead of posting that it might be more fun to see if we can work out who the 12 are? grin.gif

Sol obviously is the first and Jenas is coming in at number 2 and Ashley Cole has all the signs of being someone in denial but who are the rest? hmmm...

#5 stmookeyj

stmookeyj

OFFICIAL FFUKMegged Aussie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts
  • Team:Southampton/Melbourne Victory

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Mark @ Oct 19 2008, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Misleading headline, none have been outed.

Yet. Give it a few days.....

#6 cafctom

cafctom

First Team Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts
  • Team:Charlton Athletic

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Bazza` @ Oct 19 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True. I had wrote out a big paragraph along the similar lines but I thought instead of posting that it might be more fun to see if we can work out who the 12 are? grin.gif

Sol obviously is the first and Jenas is coming in at number 2 and Ashley Cole has all the signs of being someone in denial but who are the rest? hmmm...

A lot of Charlton fans seem to think Darren Ambrose is as well, though he's not a Premiership footballer.

It's a shame that footballers aren't allowed to openly gay in the game, but it will never ever change. Take into account the amount of abuse and responsibility on the shoulders of Premiership footballers when debating about how much they get paid. They can never really lead a 'normal' life where they can even go to the shops to get a loaf of bread without being mobbed or being abused.
Posted Image

25th May 1998 - The Greatest Game - Sunderland 4 Charlton Athletic 4 (aet - Charlton win 7-6 on penalties)

#7 Sandy Cheevie

Sandy Cheevie

Legend

• Root Admin
  • 27,329 posts
  • Team:Celtic & West Bromwich Albion

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

This doesn't look too good for Cashley

Pink News

#8 Mark

Mark

International Superstar

• 16,684 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:15 PM

BGS?

#9 Prad

Prad

Pradtacular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Team:Aston Villa

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (cafctom @ Oct 19 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a shame that footballers aren't allowed to openly gay in the game, but it will never ever change.

They said that about racism in football too.
Posted Image

#10 Spanky

Spanky

Glory Hunter

• Oscar winners
  • 10,473 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

I'm not sure they are all that parallel; racism was forced to be an issue as skin colour can't be hidden (without the right makeup team) whereas homosexuality can remain private and 'hidden', even if it's not the ideal solution. It'd take an extremely brave soul to be the first, but I'm not sure the abuse would be as bad as feared.

Jwf2u.jpg

#11 Reggie

Reggie

Resident Juvenile delinquent :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

can i ask? what the FFUK difference it makes if they take it up the garden path or not? If these guys are great footballers, isnt that all that matters?

Posted Image

if u dont shut up im gunna pull ur fanny flaps over ur head an make u look like a sugar puff

#12 Reggie

Reggie

Resident Juvenile delinquent :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

wow look at me opening up an old thread i thought it was current lol, FFUK i need my eyes testing.........

Posted Image

if u dont shut up im gunna pull ur fanny flaps over ur head an make u look like a sugar puff

#13 Cookie

Cookie

Somehow worse than Michael Fish

• Oscar winners
  • 8,168 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

mmmmm free wispa

#14 J Mo

J Mo

Up the 'tics!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,638 posts
  • Team:Wigan Athletic

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

Does anyone really care? I'm sure there a lot of footballers who are that way sexual orientationed, but like Reggie says, why make a big deal out of it?

As for the chants, they wouldn't be any worse than a lot of other things heard on the terraces.

Edited by J Mo, 10 October 2010 - 09:52 PM.

"We need to have a dream, which for Wigan is to one day play in Europe." - Roberto Martinez, June 2009

J%20Mo%20101.jpg

"We've won it two times,
we've won it two ti-i-imes,
Auto Windscreens - we've won it two times!"

Bookface profile

#15 Toffee

Toffee

International Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • Team:Everton

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

Really good interview with Darren Purse on this subject from just a few weeks ago: http://www.guardian....gay-footballers
Posted Image

#16 Mark

Mark

International Superstar

• 16,684 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Mark @ Oct 19 2008, 08:45 PM) Misleading headline, none have been outed.

Yet. Give it a few days.....

?

#17 Leeroy

Leeroy

★ ★ ★

• 23,212 posts
  • Team:Manchester United

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

I like to think that FFUKs members are smart thinking opening minded folk and this thread shows it. Who gives a ffuk in all honesty. People who care need to take a serious look at their own lives.
Posted Image
Magnificent, Absoluteffukingfaggotwhohasnthadagoodlayfor8years, Jenkins, Weekend, Filth, Depraved, Perv, Slut, PartyHard!

#18 Bluebaws

Bluebaws

I own Leeroy

• 11,474 posts
  • Team:Rangers

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

Doesn't bother me in the slightest but you can see why they would want to keep it a secret. the abuse from the stands would be horrendous!

5n0h1x.jpgfolspj.jpg

I'm bitter.
Ace 7/7/2012

#19 Mark

Mark

International Superstar

• 16,684 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:30 PM

I don't care but if Gary Neville was a rear end reciever I would find it amusing.

#20 bic

bic

Big cert, Tit .....

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Team:Espana

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:21 PM

I don't care but if Gary Neville was a rear end reciever I would find it amusing.

There are not many people lower in the public spectrum than the prick you just mentioned....

As for the subject, it was in the daily star FFS , what do you expect..its not even worth a comment

Every day Roy Hodgson stays in the job, is a day wasted in the long term rebuilding of Liverpool Football Club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users